Answered

Sonos CR200 - Remote control is not charging

• 21 October 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi !
My Sonos remote control device suddenly after5 years was not running or charging, I bought a new battery, apparently it was charging but when I remove from the charging dock, the screen is getting black (when is charging is doing a low noise). What can it happen? Thanks
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 22 October 2018, 02:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Oric72,

When you put the CR200 into its charging cradle the light at top left should flash orange/amber and then when there is sufficient charge in the battery the device screen/display will light up and spring to life for a period, until the display then times out.

If you lift the CR200 out the cradle and the battery has charged, then once again the screen/display should light up straight away.

If it’s not doing those things and you have double checked the battery is fine and seated correctly, then it’s likely it’s either a problem with the device, or the charging cradle. In either case you may need to contact Sonos Customer Care, but i should add the device is no longer supported by Sonos and even they may not be able to help you, particularly if it turns out to be a hardware problem that is far outside any warranty period.

Here are the Sonos Customer Care contact details, should you still wish to speak with them...

Contact Sonos Customer Care, Phone/Twitter etc.
Thanks for your answer, I removed the battery and I put again and insert in the charger dock and the led is blinking fast in orange color and no charging or doing nothing, Do you think that the device is not running or charging dock?
It sounds like it maybe the CR200 device itself because your cradle is making the light come on and flash orange. I assume you have left it for quite a while in the charging cradle to get enough charge into the battery?

If you have a volt meter handy you could also check if your new battery and the cradle are working and the battery is being charged.

I would leave it on charge for a couple of hours and see what happens, but its not looking too promising from what you have described so far.
Thanks for your help. I have a volt meter, there are 3 pins, where I have to measure and what has to show the indicator ?
Thanks for your help. I have a volt meter, there are 3 pins, where I have to measure and what has to show the indicator ?
It’s a 5v power supply and the battery is 3.7v so they need to be around those levels.. I would start with the battery. If that is reading 3.7v then it’s likely the controller is faulty... I would also see if your old battery still has charge in it... or see if that charges back up.

HTH
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
I had a similar problem with my CR200, not sure what fixed it for me but this is wat I did. Took out battery and left it out for a few days. I cleaned both the contact on the charger and the cr200 with a q-tip with a bit of alcohol. I also unplugged the power cars from wall and also left it out. After doing this I put it back and docked the cr200 left it for a few days Andy it was ok. Note I did change the battery as well, this was over a year ago I did this and it does still charge.