Question

Sonos Beam vs. Playstation 4 issue.

• 8 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi community, 

Hopefully someone out there can assist.  I have had issues in the past month of owning a beam where certain devices cause the beam to lose connection.

I have a Samsung TV and have my beam running via HDMI ARC.  I also have a Bluray Player, Apple TV, Nintendo Switch and PS4.  After weeks of troubleshooting it seems that my issue is with the PS4. If I turn on my PS4 the console takes over my TV, which is fine as it’s running via ARC so my understanding is that devices inputs will change when devices are turned on.  The issue is that if I then switch back to another device (ie: want to watch something on TV or Apple TV while a game is installing on the PS4) I lost access to the beam and sound reverts back to my TV.  I am then unable to connect back to the beam unless I unplug the PS4 and power cycle the beam.  Not ideal and quite frustrating. I am sure there is a work around on this, however I have been unsuccessful in finding a way round it.

I had the same issue with the Nintendo Switch, which has an option in the settings to not take ARC control. 

Any advice or solution on it?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.