Answered

sonos architectural outdoor speakers with Connect: Amp

• 13 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi everyone, I’m new to the community. Have been a huge fan of Sonos and own quite a few of them. I was wondering if anyone can help me with this question - I have a connect amp, and just purchased a pair of Sonos outdoor speakers. I know the recommended amp is the newer Sonos amp with 125w per channel. Will I get away with using the Connect amp I already have?  And will I get good results from it?  If not, what are the downside?  Thank you 

icon

Best answer by Kumar 13 March 2021, 09:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The downside is that you may get sound levels that are less than what the speakers are capable of. How much this matters in use depends on the size of the listening space and the distance from it to the speakers.

Wire everything and if there is the issue referred above, replace with the Sonos amp, especially if you find yourself needing to run the Connect Amp close to full volume on the slider to get the sound levels you need.

Badge

Kumar thank you. That is my concern too, not getting the full potential out of a pair of 800 speakers. I just wasn’t sure if there are other compatibility issues that would hold them back from being shine. Maybe an improvement in the processing the new amp has or something. 

No, there are no other compatibility issues. I would go ahead and first see if the connect amp suffices for sound levels being delivered.