Sonos Amp Sub Out Voltage

• 20 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello, I am considering getting the Sonos amp for a pair of Revel M106 speakers and a sub (Rythmik or SVS). I have seen a few threads on the Sonos amp subwoofer out not getting subwoofers loud enough.

-Could Sonos provide the voltage output of the subwoofer out on the Sonos Amp? This would be helpful so we could know if it is a high enough level to drive the amps in non-Sonos subwoofers.

-For someone that owns a Sonos Amp, play a test tone with the subwoofer out set to on and put a volt meter on it so we know? I really would like to order it but am unsure if it has enough signal level for these 2 subs.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge

Here is the non answer from Sonos. So sad such a basic spec like watts. Anyone have a voltmeter to measure?

We see that you would like to know how many volts a Sub out port on the Sonos Amp can output. We cannot provide the exact voltage the Sub out provides, but any subwoofer with an RCA plug and an external power source should work with the Sonos Amp.

Badge +1

The bug seems fixed in newest FW 11.1