Answered

Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable into Amp to multi-room Fives - low volume and heavy static

• 18 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a new Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable (with pre amp) with the RCA connecters into the line in on the Sonos Amp. In the house I also have two pairs of Five speakers and three Play:1’s.

There are no wired speakers coming off of the Amp. The goal was to play records and have the music picked up on any of the speakers in the Sonos network.

The Amp settings are
Source Level 10 (high)
Autoplay Off

My issue is that all I hear is heavy static when I set the audio to Line In and then at the highest Source Level and max volume I can hear a little bit of the audio.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 18 March 2021, 05:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Is the switch on the back of the turntable set to LINE OUT? Have you checked all the connections on the turntable to make sure everything is set up correctly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Do you have anything with RCA outputs? A CD or DVD player, even the line-out of a TV, something you could replace the turntable/preamp with for testing?

Make sure to turn the volume down before swapping.

Badge

GuitarSuperstar - thank you. That was it. The switch is in a weird location and it was not fully in the LINE OUT position. That worked.