Question

Playbar for music only

• 4 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
Due to purchasing a new 65 inch sony oled 4k tv, ive moved my older55 inch sony with playbar to another room, but it will only be used infrequently. Therefore what i would like to do is to disconnect the playbar from that room and use it in the room with the new 4k tv but only for listening to music as the sound from this new tv is excellent . Therefore i want to know if the playbar will work just as a speaker not being connected to a tv. I can connect it to an ethernet cable which goes to my virgin media broadband hub. As the 4k tv only arrived yesterday id like some time to listen to it via its own speakers for a while and then might decide to connect it to the playbar at a later stage if required. Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Yes, and you don't have to connect it with the ethernet cable, if you don't want to.
So how do you do this. I can’t connect my play bar to music only. It keep looking for a TV
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
It should work as any other Sonos speaker with no Optical Input, if you want music only DON'T connect the Optical lead.

Can you see it on your Sonos app?.

Is it/ was it connected via LAN cable or Wifi to the router?.