Answered

Play the Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable thru the Arc

• 11 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Does the Pro-Ject T1 SB Turntable have a pre-amp connection? I want to connect the turntable to play it through my Arc - without having to buy more speakers like the Sonos5. Do I need the Port to do that?  The Pro-Ject T1 SB turntable says that ‘It has Outputs - RCA Phno/Line (switchable) - high quality Connect it E RCA Phono cable’  Do I need to physically connect my Arc to the Port (ie Turntable connected to the Port / Port Connected to the Arc - then I can play music?). My Arc is already connected to the back of my TV and the only added connection no the back of my Arc looks like a cable line modem connection.  Do I connect my Arc to the Port via the cable/line modem connection?

Thanks - very confused!

Kevin

icon

Best answer by John B 11 March 2021, 15:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Yes you do seem a bit confused!

It seems certain from what you describe that the turntable has a phono pre-amp.  You need to set the switch to ‘line’ not ‘phono’ to engage it.

No wired connection between the Port and Arc is needed.  The turntable connects by cable to the Port then the sound is sent wirelessly to the Arc.  The line-in is not the primary purpose of the Port and so you are paying a lot of money just to get that feature.  Personally, I think a Five is a much better deal - not a huge amount more than a Port and you get a great speaker.

Badge

Thanks you so much!  Super helpful!