New Sonos Amp compare to “Hifi” amp

• 20 January 2019
  • 27 replies

I’m curious if any of the members have owned “Hifi” amps and have switched over to the new Sonos Amp.

How does the Sonos Amp perform? I own vintage Mcintosh amps in two setups currently.

Thanks for you opionions. Sorry if this has been discussed, new member here.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

I'm streaming apple music and I think what made the difference was going into Music settings and ensuring mobile data was on and volume limit was off. Also adjusted the EQ to boost bass, but the sound is now great in other EQ settings, so not sure that's particularly critical. Very simple really, but the difference is astonishing...
Badge +20
I'm streaming apple music and I think what made the difference was going into Music settings and ensuring mobile data was on and volume limit was off. Also adjusted the EQ to boost bass, but the sound is now great in other EQ settings, so not sure that's particularly critical. Very simple really, but the difference is astonishing...

Had you not tried using Apple Music as a Service in Sonos and only via Airplay?