Answered

Multi-zone systems

• 28 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I see that similar questions have been asked in the past, but I’m wondering if there is any update. I own a few houses, each has multi zone Levitan audio systems in them which I hate. I would love to replace my 12 zone and 16 zone house systems with a similar Sonos system without having to buy 30+ connect amps. Are you developing a multi zone system, or is one of your partners developing a Sonos compatible multi zone system?

icon

Best answer by John B 28 January 2021, 19:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi. I'm afraid there is no chance whatsoever of Sonos answering that question. They just don't comment on plans, major or minor.

FWIW, I would struggle to see how that would be a commercial move for Sonos.

Btw, the Connect:Amp has been replaced by the Sonos Amp.

Do you really need an Amp and speakers for every zone? Do you need them to all be capable of playing different streams simultaneously?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I don’t know what your system looks like on the amp end, but could you connect multiple zones to a single amp? I have multiple rooms connected to a single amp using a Niles Audio product.