Answered

Line-in source on new Sonos Amp

if I connect a new source into the new Sonos Amp line-in, will I be able to stream/play that source on any airplay2 speaker? (i.e. will it show up on my iPhone as an airplay 2 source?)
icon

Best answer by Chris 6 December 2018, 23:38

If you plug something into the Sonos Amp Line-In it will be available to all Sonos speaker in your system. Now if your talking grouping Airplay speakers - you won't be using airplay so I don't believe you have any way to group in a non-sonos Airplay capable speaker.

It will show up in Sonos App as a music source for Sonos speakers.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you plug something into the Sonos Amp Line-In it will be available to all Sonos speaker in your system. Now if your talking grouping Airplay speakers - you won't be using airplay so I don't believe you have any way to group in a non-sonos Airplay capable speaker.

It will show up in Sonos App as a music source for Sonos speakers.
so if I've got a collection of Sonos and Airplay2 speakers, the "source" from Sonos can't play to other Airplay2 speakers?

So, technically, the Airplay2 support with Sonos is just one-way? Speakers can be used as an Airplay2 destination but not a source?
Hi. I think the point that Chris was correctly making is that if you aren't using Airplay at all (and you aren't with a line-in), why would Airplay be relevant? I don't think this is particularly a Sonos limitation.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings