Question

How to find out the manufacture date of my SONOS components

• 11 August 2020
  • 14 replies

Badge +1

I have 7 different SONOS components and want to know the mfg. date.

I see the most recent registration date - but that is not helpful.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Look at the data plate, the first digits in the serial number are the date.

Look at the data plate, the first digits in the serial number are the date.

Yep.  YYMM is the format.

Badge +1

Thanks - I found that answer on another post from a google search.

The first Connect Amp shows 1305  00  then the Serial #.

The next component shows 1109 00 then serial #. That could be Nov 2009.

Not working on the first one though… 1305. I also know this product did not exist yet in 2005.

Am I not reading this correctly?

Badge +1

Got it…   year/month makes sense.

Thanks to you and Stanley :thumbsup:

Badge +1

What would D102 be?

Badge +1

In my system lookup it says Gen 2

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Could 1909 be year/month?

Badge +1

I think thats right. Maybe the D102 is a reference for Gen2.

Not sure we’ll ever get a Sonos rep to respond, but I have to wonder if the D102 is a test device that wasn’t ever supposed to get into the sales channel, hence the odd serial number. 

I have a vague recollection that the D number did indeed indicate a device designed for beta testing that testers were not supposed to sell. I am a bit hazy over the exact details though. 

If that’s the case, and someone at Sonos is paying attention, whoever was given that device for beta testing will be unlikely ever to have that opportunity again!

Thanks, John. It was completely a guess on my part, but I appreciate the hazy confirmation. 

Badge +1

The device works as it should…   I am planning on selling it along with several other components. Do  I need to disclose this was a beta test device?

No clue. That would be information included in the agreement between the original user and Sonos. I’ve never had the opportunity to beta hardware, so I’m unfamiliar with what the NDA/Contract says. 

Badge +1

I bought the Connect Gen2 from Best Buy. My understanding was it was a normal consumer purchase, not a beta product to test.

Would be nice if SONOS would comment here.