Answered

How to connect speakers to Sonos Amp and troubleshoot.

• 4 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I recently bought a house and trying to get it figured out. The previous homeowners had a Sonos Amp connecting 3 sets of speakers in the house and worked with no issue. I bought the same amp but I can only get one pair to work regardless of wiring combo. Coming out of the ceiling, I have a set of 3 red wires, a set of 3 black wires, a set of 3 green, and finally a set of 3 white wires. When I go in the attic, all three sets of speakers are using black and red wiring so I am lost on how to troubleshoot the cabling and what it should look like. 

icon

Best answer by Gh79 4 March 2021, 05:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

You can only connect three pairs of speakers to one Sonos Amp if they are the Sonos Architectural by Sonance speakers. If they are any other type of speakers, you can only connect two pairs. Can you confirm what specific speakers you have? If it helps, you can post a photo of the back of the speaker or the front without the grille cover so we can help identify them.

Userlevel 7

Do you see the green and white wires connected to any of the speakers?

Badge

I figured this out. Beating our collective heads against the wall over a rookie mistake. 

Userlevel 7

May I ask what the mistake was?

Badge

The rooms that were not working had the speaker volume turned off. I thought I checked that before but it was an oversight.