Answered

How to connect Pro-Ject T1 turntable to a pair of Play 5s

• 14 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi. I just purchased a Pro-Ject T1 turntable for my family for Christmas. It will be in the living room with two Play 5s. How will I connect it so the pair runs in stereo? Do I plug the turntable into one and it will recognize the pair or do I need separate cables for left and right? Just want to make sure I get any necessary cable in had in advance.Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 15 November 2020, 05:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Badge

Thank you!

Userlevel 7

Great.  So I only need to plug the turntable into ONE Play:5...and the music willl play out of BOTH Play:5’s in stereo - because they’re both connected to WiFi?  Am I understanding that correctly?

Yes, you are correct. Be sure to set up the two Play:5s as a stereo pair if you haven’t already done so.

Badge

Great.  So I only need to plug the turntable into ONE Play:5...and the music willl play out of BOTH Play:5’s in stereo - because they’re both connected to WiFi?  Am I understanding that correctly?

Userlevel 7

I bought the Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable and I have two Play:5’s.  I’m worried I don’t have enough connections in the back of my Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB turntable to connect two Play 5’s.  Am I worried for no reason or do I need to simply buy a special cable?

You only need to connect your turntable to one Play:5. Read more here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3548?language=en_US

Badge

I bought the Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable and I have two Play:5’s.  I’m worried I don’t have enough connections in the back of my Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB turntable to connect two Play 5’s.  Am I worried for no reason or do I need to simply buy a special cable?

Thanks, Bruce! They are set up that way. Sounds like I shouldn’t have a problem. Thanks for your response - really appreciate it.

You would connect a stereo cable into one PLAY:5, and assuming the PLAY:5s are set up as a stereo pair, and not just grouped together, you would get a stereo signal. Right out of one, left out of the other. Essentially, you want RCA stereo to 3.5mm stereo cable, along the lines of this