Future Sonos Amp Wishlist!

• 13 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Lockdown boredom has got the better of me so I’ve been thinking about what Sonos could next.

Currently I have a Playbase 5.1 system with 1s as rears, a Beam, Port connected turntable, 1s in other rooms. All connect by the S2 app.

What I’d like to see is a new amp with eARC for LPCM like the Arc and three channels for the front to include a centre. Sonos could also sell a range of passive speakers based on 1s? for front duties that would then allow trueplay which I’ve found does an excellent job of room calibration.

I really think this would sell well, the Beam doesn’t sound as good as my Playbase, neither can handle LPCM, the Arc is quite substantial. I think a lot of people would see this as a great alternative to the huge AV amps available.

Any thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi @Beagle, thanks for your suggestions!

I’ve passed your feedback and request on to our engineering teams. Let us know if you have any other suggestions to improve your Sonos experience :slight_smile: