Answered

Follow up question after my speakers were stolen last week

• 29 December 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
So about a week and a half ago, I had some stuff stolen. A Playbar, a Play:3, and three Play:1s. I was able to recover the serial numbers off the "Registered Products" section of Sonos.com. All were listed there that night.

Today I looked, and none of the stuff that was stolen is listed under that section, except the Playbar. Interestingly enough, when they took the Playbar, I don't think they took the power cord. Anyways, what I'm wondering is, the fact that those speakers that were taken are no longer listed as my registered products, does that mean they are now registered to somebody else? And does that mean somehow they can be tracked?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 10 September 2018, 22:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi. First, sorry about rhe theft. I suggested that it should be possible to track them down in a reply to your original post. I would contact Sonos directly without delay.
what I'm wondering is, the fact that those speakers that were taken are no longer listed as my registered products, does that mean they are now registered to somebody else?
Yes. That's the only way they'd be deleted from your account.

And does that mean somehow they can be tracked?

Only Sonos Support could answer that. I'm not sure that they have any procedure for tracing stolen items.
Badge +1
Hi. First, sorry about rhe theft. I suggested that it should be possible to track them down in a reply to your original post. I would contact Sonos directly without delay.

Yes you did. I was reposting this here more for visibility. Thank you.
Hi did you get any help from Sonos, regarding the stolen speakers, i have had 2 stolen and want to ensure that they get shut down and ideally located. i presume that since the products have to be registered to be used then they can easily locate them, it is just whether they are willing to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi did you get any help from Sonos, regarding the stolen speakers, i have had 2 stolen and want to ensure that they get shut down and ideally located. i presume that since the products have to be registered to be used then they can easily locate them, it is just whether they are willing to.

As this is almost a 2 year old thread the OP may not get back to you. However, my advice would be to give us a call on our support line and notify the team that you had the theft. For us to assist, we will need the police to contact us with an official theft report, and we'll work with them to provide whatever we can.
edit: removed as Ryan answered the question already.