Answered

Connecting my vinyl player to a Sonos: One

• 20 November 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi guys,

I’m looking at purchasing a Sonos soon but have a question regarding the compatibility with my vinyl player.

Essentially I own a Project Primary E turntable and understand I need a phono pre amp and Bluetooth connector for it to work.

Would using the ‘Project Phono Box E’ with my Primary E turntable allow me to connect to let’s say a Sonos:One? I’ve seen the new announcement for the new Sonos PreAmp but it’s too pricey at £599.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 November 2018, 17:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

What purpose would the Bluetooth connector function for?

There's no Bluetooth receiver in any of the Sonos devices that could receive that signal, unfortunately. So, you'd need a Sonos device that has some sort of line-in on it, so you could connect either a Bluetooth receiver to, or connect directly to the turntable's pre-amp.

There's two devices that most people use for this purpose. Either a CONNECT, which has a pair of RCA inputs on it, or a PLAY:5 (gen 1 or gen 2 doesn't matter, both work) which has a 3.5mm (headphone style) stereo input on it.

But once you've got the signal into the Sonos ecosystem, you'd be able to group any of your speakers with that input, and have your vinyl playing on any or all of your Sonos at the same time.