Question

Connecting a bluetooth device to CONNECT

• 3 January 2017
  • 9 replies

I'm sure there are numerous topics that have my answer, or at least very similar situations that I could probably come to a reasonable conclusion, but I want to ask my specific situation so I get an idea before making some purchases.

I bought an Akai BT500 bluetooth turntable and two Bose Soundtouch 10 speakers. Long story short, those speakers wouldn't connect. So, I got talked into buying two Play3 speakers and a CONNECT. I have my turntable plugged into the CONNECT and able to listen to my two Play3 speakers in different rooms just fine. I understand this defeats the purpose of having a bluetooth enabled turntable. However, my question is, if I were to decide to make an investment in the Playbar and a some Play1 speakers, etc to give my living room surround sound from my TV, would I be able to connect either my turntable or my TV setup (this one seems more impractical and improbable) to the CONNECT via bluetooth with some sort of bluetooth adapter, transmitter, or receiver? The reason for this approach instead of just connecting both to the CONNECT is that I would prefer to keep my turntable in a different room than my living room TV. Or is the better solution to just buy another CONNECT and have one for the surround sound living room setup and one for the vinyl player?

Thank you for your time

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

If you had a Playbar i cannot see what you would gain from a second Connect. What do you want to do that you think you might need another Connect for?
Perhaps more to the point, you could group the Playbar and Connect so i dont see the need for Bluetooth for that bit.
Thank you for your reply. I haven't researched the Playbar a whole lot yet, but I just assumed that the best way would be to connect the TV to CONNECT with an optical, but I would still want my turntable to be able to connect to CONNECT but without having the TV and turntable in the same room. Basically I assumed I would need the RCA from turntable connected to CONNECT and the optical cable from TV to CONNECT, but I thought maybe I could do one with bluetooth so they don't have to be in the same room. Or am I just making this way more complicated than it is and the Playbar and everything can connect to my TV through CONNECT via wifi?
Forget the Connect as far as the TV is concerned. The TV connects via optical to the Playbar. Turntable connects to Connect.
What is more the Connect's optical is an output not an input anyway
Gotcha. Guess I should have researched the Playbar a little better, which undoubtedly would have only taken looking at the product page before posting.

But, just to ease my curiosity, is it possible at all to hook up a bluetooth adapter/receiver/transmitter to a Connect? Or is this virtually never going to be a need and I should just walk away now? Haha
You know what. I know how to get what I may be planning to do in the future, and that's all I need. Carry on with your day and forget I ever stopped by here. Thanks again.
I'm not sure this has been answered. I'll give another scenario... A friend comes over and wants to play some song from her phone. It would be nice if she could connect via bluetooth to my SONOS system and not have to download and configure the SONOS app on her phone. Is this possible directly through CONNECT or CONNECT:Amp?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm not sure this has been answered. I'll give another scenario... A friend comes over and wants to play some song from her phone. It would be nice if she could connect via bluetooth to my SONOS system and not have to download and configure the SONOS app on her phone. Is this possible directly through CONNECT or CONNECT:Amp?
Yes, both the Connect and the Connect:Amp have a Line-In analog input, to which one can attach an external Bluetooth receiver.