Answered

Connect Amp with Airplay will share music to a play 1?

• 9 October 2017
  • 4 replies

I use a connect amp using Airplay, my question is if I play music to my connect amp (the source beeing the line in, will this signal be sent also to other sonos speakers in the sistem?for example a play 1?)
icon

Best answer by jgatie 9 October 2017, 12:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The line-in source can be used to play to any and all other Sonos devices in the system.
Thanks for your answer , that's nice, since the only way I found to stream music to my connect amp was by airplay , now I want to extend my setup with a play one and I was worried that I will not be able to do it in the other room because play 1 has no line input, it would be nice in the future the addition of a bluetooth to every sonos speaker... 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Just to reassure you, I've done the exact thing, in fact using a Raspberry Pi that emulated an AirPlay device, connected to my ZP100 (olllllllld version of Connect:Amp) downstairs to play audio from my iPad on a Play:3 in the same room I was in. Could even watch Netflix on the iPad but get the audio from the Play:3, with minimally noticeable delay.
Note that you may wish to hold off a few days on the purchase of the Play:1. The new Sonos One device is the same price point, and is going to be Airplay 2 compatible next year, whereas older devices seem to lack the hardware necessary for Airplay 2.