Answered

Connect Amp not on Products page?

• 26 April 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Did I miss a notice that the Connect Amp was being dropped? I went looking for it to answer a question and couldn't find it.
icon

Best answer by ratty 26 April 2019, 09:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Markskpark,

I can control ONE's with CR200. These are newer than ZP120/CONNECT:AMP. Are any of our players wired to the network?
We have a couple of the CR200 controllers, that we don’t get updates for anymore, and they don’t talk to the Zp120’s, since they have been getting the updates.
The CR200s should still work fine, for basic playback control.
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/126
Hell yes !!
I can’t see why there is such a massive difference in the prices, considering where it’s all manufactured. Even the ZP120’s are being sold for AUD $450 and up......and that’s secondhand !!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
ouch that is a nasty price!
Thanks for the prompt reply....
Hopefully they do..... We have a couple of the CR200 controllers, that we don’t get updates for anymore, and they don’t talk to the Zp120’s, since they have been getting the updates. They new amp’s Sonos have are $1000 AUD each. Replacing the 8 I have, is gonna be way too expensive. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Sonos product, but here in Aus., we get totally screwed on price.
Cheers
Since ZP120 is basically the same as Connect:Amp, and that's only recently been superseded by Amp, one would assume it has years and years of life ahead of it. Even the ancient ZP100, which dates from 2005, continues to be supported by firmware updates.
Any idea how long Sonos will be making software/firmware updates available, for the ZP120’s, since they’ve discontinued them?
And once they stop the updates, how will that effect the 8 I already have?
Thanks & cheers.
https://www.sonos.com/support/by-product
It's in the Discontinued Products section.