Question

Use of a Speaker Parrot by Starck with Sonos ConnectAmp ?

• 21 November 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +1
Hi, I would like to connect my speaker Parrot by Starck to my Sonos system using my ConnectAmp. Is it possible ? (via the Ethernet Ports or the Speaker terminals at the back) Thanks !

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

No, you would need a Connect with the outputs that can be wired to the analog inputs on the speaker - they have built in amplification and the outputs from the Connect Amp would damage their circuits. I believe there are adapters that can be placed between the speaker terminal and the speaker that can allow this, but I am not familiar with these.

I notice that the speakers also have Wifi, and are therefore fully equipped for streaming. Why do you want to add them to our Sonos system?

The ethernet ports on Sonos are only for information transfer.
Badge +1
Thanks for your reply, Kumar.
There is no analog input on the Parrot speaker. Only one ethernet input. So I'm not sure that a Sonos Connect would work.
I would love to connect my Parrot speaker to the Sonos system to benefit from an additional speaker.
Is it possible to connect a bluetooth/wifi external speaker like the Parrot to the Sonos system and synchronize with the Sonos speakers ?
Thanks,
Olivier
No, the input needed to get a signal in to the Sonos ecosystem is either an optical digital signal in the case of a PLAYBAR/PLAYBASE, or an analog signal for the CONNECT and PLAY:5. However, if the Parrot has an analog in, you could use the Analog out on the CONNECT to feed it, and it should be in sync with the Sonos equipment, assuming the Parrot doesn't do any signal processing of any kind.
I see according to their website, the Parrot speakers do have "RCA line-in input for all audio analog sources", so you could indeed take the analog output from the CONNECT and feed it in to the Parrots.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
basically you cant use them with the connect amp... it looks like the speakers you are trying to use are not designed to be used with a amplifier as they already have their own amp built in.. the connect amp only has a powered output in the form of, you hook standard speaker wire to the binding post on the back of the connect amp and run the speaker wire to the speakers which would probably fry one or both of the amplifiers.. or it has a sub woofer out which would probably only send the bass signals so that probably wont work either. it does look like your speakers have a set of RCA inputs on the so you would need something like the sonos connect, not the connect amp.. it also looks like your speakers have Bluetooth and wireless so you should be able to use them without the sonos
Badge +1
Ok thanks for your replies. It helped me a lot.
On my Parrot Zikmu Solo, there is no RCA input. But there is a mini-Jack input. So I manage to connect my phone to the Parrot speaker and play the songs from the phone.
You mention that it is not possible to connect my Parrot speaker thru the "Connect Amp" without causing a technical issue, right ?
The only solution is to buy a new "Connect" ?
Thanks a lot,
Olivier
The mini jack input IS an RCA input, it just needs a cable terminated with a multi jack at that end. And yes, you need a Connect to use it.
Badge +1
Ok this is very clear. Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated !
Olivier
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
the connect amp is only made to amplify a set of regular speakers and not a set of powdered speakers so i really dont think you can use it... i was on your speakers website and it looks like you can stream the music right to the speakers with wifi or Bluetooth.. if its got a mini jack you can hook a mini jack to mini jack cable to something like your phone.. you can get a mini jack to RCA cable to hook a standard audio device like the sons connect or a CD player to it. it looks like you can dock your ipod or iPhone right into the top of the speakers. so i think you have lots of other options for getting music to those speakers.

and just so you know what kind of cables you are looking for.. here is a link to a min jack to RCA cable.. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/audioquest-evergreen-2-3-5mm-to-rca-interconnect-cable-green/2165121.p?skuId=2165121&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=480e543b-b142-4b5c-acb4-470bb8086dd3&ksprof_id=16&ksaffcode=pg256771&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2&gclid=Cj0KCQiAgNrQBRC0ARIsAE-m-1zM7A1ain04g81YdG-U7YzP0v4RDKSol6MI7woHzdSOqtO0AOBvMCQaAmH5EALw_wcB

and here is a link to the mini jack to mini jack cable.

.https://www.bestbuy.com/site/audioquest-tower-2-3-5mm-to-3-5mm-interconnect-cable-white/2038902.p?skuId=2038902

which one you need depends on what your trying to hook up but i am pretty sure you can just stream the music right to it with wifi and you wont actually need a streaming device..