Answered

Sonos Sub placement

• 9 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6
Hello I was wondering to complete my 5.0 (playbar + 2x play:1) with a Sonos sub in order to have a full 5.1 system. I have some doubts about its placement. I would like to placement it behind The table in The left angle (see pictures attached). In your opinion will it be a good placement?
It will be same side of The playbar.
Another option would be on The right side but I am worried for The heat coming from the radiator (see Last picture).

Thanks
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 9 January 2018, 14:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The placement of the Sub will not effect the sound quality as it is not directional. I would agree that not placing it near the radiator is a good idea. Hope that helps.
Userlevel 1
Badge +6
Hello, this is my final setup. The radiator is OK since no heat comes in that direction. Sub surface is everythime very very cold.
Anyway, as a matter of fact, I’m closing one of 2 holes by having the sub really near to the piece of furniture.

Could it be a problem?

The piece of furniture is wood
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, this is my final setup. The radiator is OK since no heat comes in that direction. Sub surface is everythime very very cold.
Anyway, as a matter of fact, I’m closing one of 2 holes by having the sub really near to the piece of furniture.

Could it be a problem?

The piece of furniture is wood

As long as it doesn't touch the furniture you'll be fine - you might get some vibration noise if touching.