New SONOS app

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I updated the SONOS app as well as the Mac version.  I now have no access to my Music Library.  This all started when I was searching for a song- this functionality has been removed by the way.  

I could go on and on about the new app.  It is very unstable, difficult to navigate and apparently was not tested.  It seems a lot of functionality has been removed.

Prior to update, I could not pin my imported playlists after searching for them which is almost impossible.  The app continuously says the queue is empty when it “was” playing from my music library.  None of the album covers display (not a big deal for me) but still an issue that was not tested.

I have an extensive music library and my hope this issue will be resolved in the next day or so.

Can I roll back to the old version?  And, I noticed on the thread that a lot of folks found the music library after several hours- I can’t find the music source that folks mentioned on this community forum.  

Bottom line, I hate the new app.

I am very disappointed.

12 replies

I’m having very similar problems.  After updating to S2 (Build 80.00.04) the interface didn’t show my music library, at first. Then it did. Then upon closing the app and reopening, it didn’t. And so on.  I can use the pc app on my laptop to confirm that my music library is still within the Sonos system. But S2 is unstable on my iphone.  It worked fine before the update. I have not updated the app on any of our other devices; on my ipad I have S2 (ver 16.1, Build 78151030). And I will not update on the other devices until Sonos addresses this issue and the queue issue below.  I was also about to purchase a Sonos Move speaker, but I’ll now hold off.

I can play music from my music library through the updated S2 on my iphone but the queue is ALWAYS empty and this is very annoying to me.

I’ve been with the Sonos system for more than ten years and have loved it, until now.  I didn’t experience any of these issues before I updated a few days ago.

So, Sonos, help us out here.

Just to be clear, my entire, and extensive, music library is stored on my Windows PC.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same issues here. It connects, disconnects. Didn't have my library, then did, now I don't. Now I am pissed!

Userlevel 1
Badge

The solution is simple. Let us chose to update back to prior version till you sort THIS BS OUT

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

So the rolled back version of the app is locking out features and preventing me from signing in.

Other than TuneIn stations, I have yet to have five minutes of continuous music since the update.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Sonos knows they have MAJOR issues with this release, and what are they doing for their customer base?

NOTHING

Not a damn thing.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Sonos knows they have MAJOR issues with this release, and what are they doing for their customer base?

NOTHING

Not a damn thing.

Not true! Read the summary of their AMA -

They are busy ignoring the reality of their cockup.

If this is intentional then the new app is a bigger GIGANTIC UNFATHOMABLE MESS OF EPIC AND BUSINESS-ENDING PROPORTIONS than I initially thought.

*OP note: Modified to replace the removed swear word while maintaining the original intent.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thank goodness this was modified. Would hate for the tender ears of the Sonos community to hear dirty words.

Especially since they can’t hear anything else through their M$@#$%f&*ing Sonos system.

I’ve just noticed that the app didn’t just remove Imported Playlists from itself, THEY REMOVED THE FILE LOCATION REFERENCES.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Holy *. That is terrible. I have a lot of good playlists. I haven't updated - anyone know how to export them?

Good catch - just sorry that's how you found out!

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

I have update  and I am very dissapoint about this. No way’s to recover my music on my computer…

Who’s the team who did that??? I will just use any other software via airplay to listening my music?

Really? Wow, go on for an update! Or Sonos will became a * to put in the garbage.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*