iOS 17.4.1 cannot get passed "allow access to local network" in Sonos app ver 80.00.04

Userlevel 2

When selecting the button “Join an existing system” I am unable to advance passed the following message:

“Sonos needs local network access for setup. In iOS settings, tap Local Network, then return to the Sonos app.”  

I have granted access to Local Network, Bluetooth, and Location.  I have deleted the Sonos app from my iPhone 14 Pro MAX, restarted my WIFI router and reinstalled the Sonos iOS app, and I have shutdown and restarted my iPhone 14 Pro MAX.  No Luck :(

On my iPhone 14 Pro MAX the following Sonos System Settings section of the Sonos App reads:

Nearby System: “Sonos system found on my {SSID} nework”  and the “Join this system” button is available.  When pressing this button the above message:

“Sonos needs local network access for setup. In iOS settings, tap Local Network, then return to the Sonos app.”   appears and I back in the same situation as pressing the “Join an existing system”

Please let me know if I am doing something incorrect or if I need to do additional steps.

Regards

29 replies

Userlevel 1

nope its definitely a bug that i and quite a few others have as an issue

I have the same issue after the new app update

Userlevel 2
Badge

It’s a known issue within the community but Sonos are so far silent on a fix…..

Exact same issue and have followed the same steps. 

Frustrating

For now I have started airplaying from Spotify. 

Userlevel 1

I had this issue last week , spent an hour  onto technicians. Advised it was a bug and would be notified.  Contacted technicians via chat today to see if any updates … he didn’t even know about issue!!!  So not holding out much hope.  

is it an iPhone 14 Pro MAX problem on 17.4.1 only? I only know people with exactly this type of phone having issues, all iPhone 15 users are Okay ...

Userlevel 1

iPhone 14 Pro on 17.4.1.  I reported it last week and was told they’d inform the relevant department as it was a software issue.   But I believe they had bigger issues and I think as we are a minority we are not being prioritised.  

I downloaded to the iPad pro and it was ok. So it's a iphone specific issues

Ive heard that Sonos have issued a firmware update that can be installed via a laptop - and then the new App will work -  is this true or do we need to wait until they fix the bug in the App?

Userlevel 2
Badge

didn’t change anything for me i’m afraid

Same problem here. I’ve resolved by side loading the old app untill new one is fixed.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@aurelmarius how did you load the old app?

@zakig download old version sonos app from ipaarchive and use AltStore on mac or pc to sideload the app on the phone.

Userlevel 1

so after an hour on hold i finally got through to support and they confirmed this is an issue they are working on. He was able to remote access my iphone and remote view and access the dignostics log etc. seems to be a possible Pro Max issue 

Currently using the MacOs app and have control of the system again along with NAS storage apps and alarms…. which I am currently happy with as a work around

Userlevel 2
Badge

@zakig download old version sonos app from ipaarchive and use AltStore on mac or pc to sideload the app on the phone.

thank you

Userlevel 1
Badge

The new update 80.00.08 fixes the “local network access” problem!

Finally! Update 80.00.08 fixed the «local network access» problem for me as well. iPhone 14 pro btw. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

same, thanks for the tip off!

Userlevel 1

UPDATED TO 80.00.08 AND STILL NOTHING WORKS!

Not only can I not get passed “Local Access” to install my new Move 2 , but my my Era 300’s are now disconnected!  iPhone 14 Pro software to date. I still can not find an existing system or add a speaker.  
The app is still worthless!  I have purchased over $3000 in paper weights.  

Userlevel 2

I installed the updated version 80.00.08 and reboot my iPhone 14 pro MAX and it works!!!!!!

After latest update it connects to system but can’t add new speakers.

When selecting the button “Join an existing system” I am unable to advance passed the following message:

“Sonos needs local network access for setup. In iOS settings, tap Local Network, then return to the Sonos app.”  

I have granted access to Local Network, Bluetooth, and Location.  I have deleted the Sonos app from my iPhone 14 Pro MAX, restarted my WIFI router and reinstalled the Sonos iOS app, and I have shutdown and restarted my iPhone 14 Pro MAX.  No Luck :(

On my iPhone 14 Pro MAX the following Sonos System Settings section of the Sonos App reads:

Nearby System: “Sonos system found on my {SSID} nework”  and the “Join this system” button is available.  When pressing this button the above message:

“Sonos needs local network access for setup. In iOS settings, tap Local Network, then return to the Sonos app.”   appears and I back in the same situation as pressing the “Join an existing system”

Please let me know if I am doing something incorrect or if I need to do additional steps.

Regards

SONOS customer services piece of s***. Fix it now!!

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Same problem here. I’ve resolved by side loading the old app untill new one is fixed.

How did you get the old app back.  I can’t find it in the App Store?