Can I hookup 4 - 4 ohm speakers to Connect:Amp?

• 16 June 2018
  • 7 replies

I have 4 existing 4 ohm speakers.
Will all 4 speakers hook up to a Connect:Amp?
The speakers are Proficient Audio, 150W, 6.5-Inch Polypropylene Woofer, 1-Inch Supernil Soft Dome Pivoting Tweeter, Imp: 4 Ohm, Freq Resp: 37 Hz¿20 Khz
Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Definitely NOT in parallel. It may be OK in series but that probably would not give a satisfactory result. And I don't feel totally confident to say that that would be OK.
Thanks for the info! Anyone else have a comment re: hooking up in series and what the results might be?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You'd probably see the sonos shut down, it might be damaged too so I don't recommend trying.

You might find an impedance matching box that would work. Not recommending this one, it was just the first search result, to give you a starting point.

https://www.amazon.com/SS4-Speaker-Selector-Impedance-Matching/dp/B002I9XKTE
What does the impedence matching box do in layman's terms? Thanks Stanley!
In layman's terms it restricts the impedance drop to the specified limits, thus limiting current draw, and thus limiting maximum sound levels.
Thanks for your answer Kumar!
Also, if the box has volume controls, it allows for each speaker pair to be independently set for volume level.