Question

Any problems with new app or latets update and Sonos Boost?

Show first post

33 replies

Badge +1

Interesting FAQ that can help

https://en.community.sonos.com/speakers-229128/troubleshooting-sonos-on-wifi-6856334

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

See the link below from Sonos, which if you google search it was around Nov 23. Mine is not showing in the mobile app, but it is on the web app?

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/boost-end-of-sale

Badge +1

See the link below from Sonos, which if you google search it was around Nov 23. Mine is not showing in the mobile app, but it is on the web app?

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/boost-end-of-sale

Thanks for the info, interesting.

This doesn't mean it's end of support yet.

According to the FAQ, the new speakers (Era) are not Boost capable anyway. It is therefore only still in service for Play:1, Play:3, etc... Which is my case.

So I think it will still be supported for existing installations until the end. (my think)

You should see your Boost in the Android App, Windows App and Web app.

If not, your Boost is not part of your system anymore. (my think)

Thank you.

I have slept on this and I am giving up.

Why do we as customers have to support Sonos for being so “inconsiderate” to existing users?

The only reason is our investment in their equipment which still works (or did) and seemingly has nothing wrong with it.

Surely as reasonable supplier, as in the pc and Mac world, if equipment does become obsolete stop the system from being upgraded as they are incompatible. Leave them alone as they did work.

It seems what is behind this is may be a commercial decision to try and force us to buy new systems.

It is not the first time.

My wife says how could she do it if she was on her own. She is right and that is not being patronising.

I have the technical background. It is not within her skill set, she has other skills which I do not have.

Whatever happened to the old “plug and play” scenario.

Why as users should we be aware of ip addresses and all of the different platforms and be left to sort out problems they caused to THEIR EXISTING customers.

All I wanted was a system to hear my music and radio around my home.

I have a work around. Not the best but at least my music can be heard and I am not constantly trying to fix these issues. I have other things to do and a life to live.

Thank you everyone.

Take care.

Signing out.

I was also forced to download the updated software. The system has not worked since. I have spent hours and hours upon days after days trying to fix this problem. I waited an hour and 30 minutes just to get Sonos on the phone. They took me through the process of reloading the system, then it disappears again later. I did the same process over and over and over and the software is not stable. Enough to maintain the system. I am at a loss? 

Thank you for the message. You initially think it is just you, but the more I hear it is not.

i am appalled with Sonos. We are not all experts and when we first bought the system it was fairly straight forward. Now the assumption is you are an IT expert. I still have problems but can get the basic speakers working. It is impossible to use my home Wi-Fi where I need it as it confuses the Sonos system. The Sonos Boost solved this, but even though some try and tell me is still there but not seen, it is not. I am unsure if some of the help I get is from users or from Sonos technicians.

I have to admit I used an app called SonoPad when I cannot get Sonos working. Seems to do most things.

Take care and good luck.

Badge +1

I am a sonos user lol, but I know a little bit about tech.

Anyway, Sonos provides advanced products and if you have an issue you are free to contact pro people for help.

Hope I could help 

For what it is worth, I plugged in one of my sonos speakers into the router along with the boost.  Reinstalled the boost.  Unplugged the speaker from the router.  My boost appears to be connected to all speakers (13 of different models) according to my router all of the speakers and boost are “wired”.  Although the boost does not appear in the ios app (sonos) it does appear on the web app.