Meet SYMFONISK, IKEA speakers built with Sonos

• 2 August 2019
  • 55 replies

Show first post

55 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
@Geoff Prague, the SYMFONISK Lamp uses a US E12 bulb (7W max), and the power cord that comes with it is the US power cord (If purchased there). If you swap out the power cord for the EU region it should be fine. It's an auto switching amplifier and the hardware is the same.
@Geoff Prague, the SYMFONISK Lamp uses a US E12 bulb (7W max), and the power cord that comes with it is the US power cord (If purchased there). If you swap out the power cord for the EU region it should be fine. It's an auto switching amplifier and the hardware is the same.

Thank you Ryan! I guess the outstanding question I have (any maybe it's not clearly labeled on the item itself) is whether 220-volt bulbs will work with the lamp. If I bring a Sonos 3 from America and use a plug adapter it works with 220-volt systems. And a typical lamp I buy in America, if use a plug adapter and a 220-volt bulb, it works in Europe. But I'm curious since it's a single cable, is there a split inside where the electricity is routed in one direction to do its magic with the speaker bits (I guess a DC convertor?) and the other route where it stays AC and lights the lamp?
@Geoff Prague, I'm living in Europe and I'm owning a Symfonisk lamp. It requires either a E14 standard 7W bulb (= 40W) or the TRÅDFRI E14 equivalent.
@Geoff Prague, I'm living in Europe and I'm owning a Symfonisk lamp. It requires either a E14 standard 7W bulb (= 40W) or the TRÅDFRI E14 equivalent.

Thank you! And did you buy it here in Europe or in America? The reason I'm asking is it's not available yet in Czech and I have family coming from America soon and I'd like to get one if it'll work here! 🙂

@Geoff Prague, I'm living in Europe and I'm owning a Symfonisk lamp. It requires either a E14 standard 7W bulb (= 40W) or the TRÅDFRI E14 equivalent.Thank you! And did you buy it here in Europe or in America? The reason I'm asking is it's not available yet in Czech and I have family coming from America soon and I'd like to get one if it'll work here! :)

In Europe. But as Ryan stated, if you swap out the power cord for the EU region it should be fine. Bulb is not included, you'll need to buy one at a local electronics store in Czech.