Answered

Manage sonos gen1 and gen2 with Alexa

• 28 December 2021
  • 3 replies

• Contributor II
  • 4 replies

Hello all,

i have a question since i have home both sonos gen 1 and  gen 2 and distinct sonos networks.

I would like to manage my old sonos gen 1 with an Alexa DOT in a dedicated room and manage all the sonos gen 2 with another alexa DOT in another room.

My question is : Is it possible ?

When i try to install the sonos plugin for Alexa, I have to chose between sonos network 1 or 2.

Thank you for your support

icon

Best answer by controlav 28 December 2021, 19:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Yes, when you install the Sonos Skill you have to choose a Sonos system - see attached screenshot.

You can’t choose both Sonos systems, so whilst you can use one Sonos Account, you will need two Amazon Alexa Accounts (one for each Sonos Household) - in my own use-case I have opted to use the Google Assistant instead for my secondary S1 system.

ty for your quick answers :) I will try soon and get back here.

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I think you will need two Amazon accounts, and pair one to each Sonos system. This was certainly required when I last messed with Alexa a while ago: there has to be a 1-1 mapping between Amazon account and Sonos household id. Things might have changed since then, but it sounds like it hasn’t.