Answered

Can you connect PC + HD Fury Arcan + Sonos Beam no TV

• 13 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Not sure of this has been asked already.

My set up Sonos Beam Gen 2, Sub Gen 3 and pair of One SL

PC Windows 11 - Ultrawide monitor. 

I want to connect my RTX 3090 GPU HDMI to HD Fury Arcana HDMI 2.1 HDMI-in and the Sonos Beam Gen 2 to EARC-out, but not connect the other HDMI-out to any display as I will be using the display port from my GPU connected directly to an ultra wide monitor. 

Will the sonos beam work in this set up without a display by using a Nvidia control panel to select HDMI audio only 

My goal is to be able to play games in Dolby Atmos with Dolby Access software from the Microsoft Store. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 November 2022, 01:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’d think it would work, under the assumption the PC is able to provide a signal to both the HDMI output and the display port simultaneously. 

The Arcana would take the HDMI stream, split out the eARC signal, and send it to the Beam. It shouldn’t matter if there is no screen attached to the video output. 

Your question isn’t really a Sonos question, it’s more applicable to your PC (and their software) than it is to Sonos.