Answered

Connect Steepletone ST918 to Sonos One

• 18 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Would anyone have advice on connecting the Steepletone ST918 turntable to the Sonos One speakers.

It has Line Out (RCA) AND sub woofer out connections. 

I have been researching online and think I could use the Sonos Port but I don't want to buy it unless I'm sure its worth it. 

Any advice appreciated

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 18 November 2021, 17:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Note: this is an odd turntable, and it’s not clear to me whether the output is line level, or phono level, other than the speakers that can be connected (?), which are not the output to use. 

If the RCA jacks I’ve been able to find on random internet pictures are not line level, then you’ll need to use a pre-amp between this device and a Sonos line in. Sonos deals with ‘line level’ data, and does not work with ‘phono level’ data. 

Thank you! 

Would anyone have advice on connecting the Steepletone ST918 turntable to the Sonos One speakers.

It has Line Out (RCA) AND sub woofer out connections. 

I have been researching online and think I could use the Sonos Port but I don't want to buy it unless I'm sure its worth it. 

Any advice appreciated

Yes, you can use any of these…

All have a line-in and the TT audio can be played to any/every Sonos speaker.