Answered

I can't play songs on my phone through sonos ones?

• 14 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Please don’t tell me I purchased Sonos Ones (set up as a stereo pair) to play music (purchased from iTunes) on my phone only to find out they won’t! Don’t know why this is so difficult. Connects fine with Sonos Move but I can’t figure out why songs won’t play on Sonos Ones. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 14 September 2023, 22:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

If you have an iOS device, connect to the Ones via AirPlay:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/stream-airplay-audio-to-sonos

If you use an Android phone, add Apple Music to the Sonos app and stream your purchased music from the Sonos app to the Ones.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-a-music-service-to-sonos

FYI… the Ones are not compatible with Bluetooth.

Please don’t tell me I purchased Sonos Ones (set up as a stereo pair) to play music (purchased from iTunes) on my phone only to find out they won’t! Don’t know why this is so difficult. Connects fine with Sonos Move but I can’t figure out why songs won’t play on Sonos Ones. 

If you’re using an iDevice, you should see the paired Sonos Ones (room name) in your Airplay list, same as the Move and be able to play your music from the Apple Music App. If you’re not seeing the room, I would maybe try rebooting the router …and perhaps the Sonos Ones, if they still don’t show up.

Thanks for the reply. I see the set up on Airplay, select it, it appears like it’s going to work but then within a few seconds deselects itself. 

Think I figured it out. I had to open and play from my service list in the Sonos app. Once I was playing something there, I pulled up Airplay and was THEN able to get it to play from Music. Thanks for responding. Your suggestion helped me solve the mystery. Cheers.

Thanks for the reply. I see the set up on Airplay, select it, it appears like it’s going to work but then within a few seconds deselects itself. 

Maybe a reboot of the LAN router will sort things.🤞 Perhaps ensure your speakers and mobile controller device are connected to the same WiFi AP.

(Edit: Our posts crossed, I now see you’ve sorted things. 👍)