Answered

sonos speaker not working

• 15 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I have just moved into a house that has some sonos speakers in the ceiling hard wired to a legacy amp. we have got them up and running using the S1 app but after a while realised one of the pair is playing very softly and tinny. I have swapped cables at the amp end and there is no change so assume it is to do with the speaker. the wiring to that looks on so what might the issue be?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 21 July 2023, 10:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mouettes 

Thanks for your post!

There could be damage to one of the speaker wires, a bad connection at either the Connect:AMP end or at the speaker end, or that speaker could be damaged.

The only way to know for sure is to swap the two speakers - if the issue follows the speaker, then it is most likely damaged. If the issue stays at the location, then you likely need to lay some new cable down.

I hope this helps.

I can’t quite interpret your comment. Is there only one pair or are there multiple pairs in multiple rooms? If one pair does not have much bass, the speakers are likely wired out of phase. A quick test would be to swap (+) and (-) wires for one speaker.

Sonos doesn’t make any hard wired speakers, only self powered ones. Are these speakers possibly made by Sonance?