Answered

Roam SL not connected/ offline every few days

• 29 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have tried contacting support, but didn't really get anywhere with this issue. I have a Roam SL that goes to the dreaded "Not connected" state every few days. It requires reboot of the SL for it to reconnect. Rebooting router and satellite router and resetting the SL did not help. I have numerous other Sonos devices on both SonosNet and battery -powered that do not experience this issue. I experimented by putting a Sonos Roam (non-SL) near to the problematic SL about 10 feet away from my Orbi satellite and consistently the SL will disconnect in this fashion every few days. The regular Roam has no issues. I have tried setting the SL with a static IP reservation, but it didn't seem to help. Just curious if anyone has any other ideas. I can understand having intermittent issues on busy wifi networks, but I'm confused why this unit just drops off into lalaland when no other battery-powered units do the same thing in my system. Is the SL just much more flaky than the Move or regular Roam or is this one a lemon?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 30 October 2023, 16:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jhnatow 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

No portable Sonos speakers utilise SonosNet, so your Roam SL (and Roam) will be connecting via your Orbi WiFi.

Given the results of your experiment with the Roam, it does appear that perhaps the Roam SL has a fault, though it’s still possible that the issue is network related - I’d need to know more about your network topology to know for sure.

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - if it is the Roam SL at fault, they’ll look into your replacement options.

I hope this helps.