Answered

Stuttering audio when streaming - diag included

• 12 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a Sony X900h and Sonos Arc connected via eArc and both of them updated to the latest settings.  Occasionally I’ll get sound drops from the arc where it cuts out for about 5-15 seconds.  I don’t have to do anything as it’ll come back on its own eventually but there’s no rhyme or reason it seems.

Here are a couple of diagnostics I took after it happened.

1. 611569649
  2. 455238316
  3. 1830209319

I’d appreciate it if any ‘mods’ stopping by were able to take a look at these.

icon

Best answer by Simon B 13 January 2021, 22:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Taero, thanks for the update and the information that you provided.  If it happens again, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may ask for additional steps and provide options for this issue. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Hi @Simon B , thanks for getting in touch.  It’s definitely odd, I’ve tried new HDMI cables (I have an 8K cable plugged in at the moment), everything is up to date (TV and bar) CEC is turned on as well.  I’ve never had a sound drop when using my game system, that plays flawlessly passing through PS5-->TV-->Arc.  It’s only ever when streaming, the video will play as normal and will continue playing but the sound will just cut and then come back.  I’ll capture a few more diagnostics the next times it happens.  Is there a frame of time it catches or it’s better to send a report within?  (I’d heard that it should be within 10 minutes of the issue occurring).

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Taero, thanks for reaching out and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system,  upon reviewing all three diagnostic reports. It all shows the same, It can’t detect any issues on your Sonos Arc. Kindly try to unplug the HDMI Arc cable from the TV and the Sonos Arc for 1 minute and replug it back in, check your TV if it’s updated to the latest firmware/software, and make sure the Bravia Sync CEC is enabled on your TV settings. 

Let me know your thoughts on the advice above.
We're here to answer any further questions you have.