Answered

sonos playbar humming pitch nooise

• 15 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I'm not the first reporting it, but not understanding from the other threads what i should do as a next step...

Suddenly my sonos playbar gives a continous pitching noise. Doesn't change if i plug in out ethernet or optical.

In any case, i expected this device to last a few decades. Anything i can try to fix it? 

Kr

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 15 November 2022, 21:51

View original

2 replies

Tried plugging cable in/out but stays the same. Sounds like a typical transformer malfunction I would get with cheap devices & chargers. Would be sad to throw it away because the sound is fine, but the noise is terribly loud. Turned it off now for a longer period, who knows maybe that helps.

Will give support a call tomorrow

thx Bruce!

I’d certainly start with a power cycle, to see if that makes a difference. Then I’d submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.