No sound on SACD format music CDs (SONY XR-75X95L + SONY UBP-X800M2 + SONOS Arc Surround)

• 13 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi all,

A few days ago I bought a SONY XR-75X95L to replace my old SONY KD-55XD8005. On the KD-55XD8005 I could listen to SACD format CDs (UBP-X800M2 and the SONOS Arc / 2x Sub -Gen 3 / 2x One -Gen 2 ) perfectly, but with the X95L I can't listen to anything. Checking on the internet I have read that the SACD format has a very strict form of copy protection and requires the TV to play / pass it on, it involves a "chip" in the TV and very few have it. could this be the problem?

Thanks and Regards
Angelo

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge

UPDATE

SONY's response:
* Please disconnect the TV from the power supply for approx. 5-10 minutes and restart it.
* Press and hold the On/Off button on the remote control until the TV shuts down and starts up again automatically (soft reset).
* …

and you know, practically check/update the firmware version of the TV and reset the settings to factory mode. naturally, it didn't work. no audio.

I wanted to try a couple of things. I got a Sonos Optical Audio Adapter, connected the Arc to the adapter and the adapter to the Optical Audio Port on the TV, just to make sure the eARC port isn't blocking something. it didn't work. no audio. if i watch a movie on netflix, audio comes out, of course not in Dolby Atmos format, but you can hear it.

The second thing I tried was to use the HMDI 2 port of the UBP-X800M2, connecting it also to the Optical Audio Port of the TV, this time I could not listen to any audio, neither from CDs nor from SACDs.

it slowly becomes a bit frustrating...

Badge

If you set the DSD Output Mode setting on the X800M2 to OFF, do you get any audio when playing an SACD?

hello again. thanks for the advice, but unfortunately it still does not work. still no sound. 😕

Userlevel 7

If you set the DSD Output Mode setting on the X800M2 to OFF, do you get any audio when playing an SACD?

Badge

UPDATE

SONY's response:
-Please disconnect the sound system and test the CD with the Blu-ray player via the TV speakers only and let us know the result.

my answer:
I disconnected the sound system from the TV and now you can hear the sound through the TV speakers. Is it possible that there is a problem with the HDMI eARC connection?

lets see what they say…

I'm still looking for a solution. maybe buy some extra hardware and connect the SONOS Arc in another way? 🤔

Badge

Set your TV to these settings:

eARC: Auto

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto

yes. thanks. I already saw this answer in other posts, but like most people, it doesn't work either. it seems to be more of a hardware problem than a configuration problem. I already asked SONY too...

Userlevel 7

Set your TV to these settings:

eARC: Auto

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto