Answered

Loud Chirp from Sonos 5

• 10 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

From time to time we get a loud chirp out of our speaker(s) while streaming movies through our TV via our ROKU Ultra. I sit closest to a Sonos 5 so it’s a bit startling when, out of the blue, a chirp occurs. I’ve posted this before and the support staff, based on my previous diagnostic, had me reset the 5 that is closest to me. Well, I’m still getting the chirp.

If a Moderator sees this, my diagnostic for this incident is: 1514047738

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 February 2024, 13:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Thanks, Corry.  I’ll give it a shot.  I bought a new optical cable (between TV and Player) so I’ll start there and then move on to the procedures you mentioned in your reply.  Thanks again.  Brad

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Line Conditioner. That’s what I was trying to recall.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SlamDesi 

Thanks for your post!

I'm sorry to hear that the steps provided by our support team did not help.

I recommend rebooting the Playbar by unplugging it from power for a moment, if you have not done so already.

And if that does not help, and as the Playbar is responsible for what each surround speaker plays, please remove the surrounds from the Playbar as before, but this time, factory reset the Playbar instead of the Five. Once you set the Playbar back up, add the Fives to it as surrounds once more.

Remove surround speakers

Reset your Sonos product

Add a new product to an existing Sonos system

Add surround speakers to a Sonos home theater

Finally, I recommend you get back in touch with our technical support if the above does not seem to fix the issue.

I hope this helps.

Which content are you playing? Which sound format is playing?

We’re you attempting to play ATMOS audio?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi Buzz… No ATMOS capabilities on my current setup. I streamed the Super Bowl yesterday and not a chirp and/or hiccup. It may be limited to a particular streaming app or, a power surge of some sort. I’m thinking of upping the level of surge protection on the outlets my 5s are plugged into.  Thanks for your replies, Buzz.  Brad

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi, buzz… It’s a movie that’s streaming through my Roku into my Samsung TV (relatively new) and was broadcast in Stereo. I’ve been muling this over for quite some time ever since the first time I attempted to sleuth this and am thinking that it might be an energy spike. I recall there being “line purifiers” (for lack of a better term) that worked like surge protectors so voltage spikes wouldn’t occur. Maybe I just need that. The last Sonos tech just had me reset one of my 5s. Kind of an odd anomaly.