Answered

Connectivity

• 12 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am waiting to pick up my arc next week. I just got the 5's today. I can't use them with my TV unless I use the 3.5mm jack. I wanted to will I be able to pipe the sound from my TV through them once I have my arc connected?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 December 2020, 00:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Why get the Arc if you want to use the Fives?

Userlevel 1

I wanted to use both. Why do you ask? 

You can use the Fives as surround speakers with the Arc, connected wirelessly. Most folks consider Fives to be overkill for surround duty, and prefer Sonos Ones. 

You can wirelessly group the Fives with the Arc, so that they’ll play a stereo representation of the TV’s input, but there will be a minimum of a 75 ms delay between the two ‘rooms’. Would be fine if they’re in two different rooms, but probably not satisfactory if both the Fives and the Arc are in the same room. 

Sonos does not provide any solution to use any of their sound bars as a ‘center’ speaker, they always contain the front left, front center, and front right signal, which can not be split out to other speakers.