Answered

Can't update & use BEAM anymore - 1013

• 12 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’ve been having constant issues trying to update my beam and can’t use it for many weeks now. She will work alone with TV, but can’t use in 5.1 configuration or send music through it, she’s not part of my system anymore as I can’t do this update.

I have the 1013 error message code. I’ve been through all the proposed solution, I’ve factory reset my system several time, nothing will do, can’t update.

Here is my diagnostic report : 1410586573

Hope someone can sort this out as it is super annoying…

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 12 December 2021, 14:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Possibly a firewall or DNS issue. See this link …

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4889

Maybe try it cabled, with the router firewall switched off and set the DNS server to use the Google public DNS servers 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 and see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks Ken, but still facing the same issue trying your solution.

Wether I try to do the asked update in the app or to end the beam configuration, I get the same error message…

To be noted, the error message actually appears later in the process as before, once everything seems okay and almost done (“finalization of the update” or “rebooting the beam”), then error…

I did another diagnostic report : 1190377268

Thanks Ken, but still facing the same issue trying your solution.

Wether I try to do the asked update in the app or to end the beam configuration, I get the same error message…

To be noted, the error message actually appears later in the process as before, once everything seems okay and almost done (“finalization of the update” or “rebooting the beam”), then error…

I did another diagnostic report : 1190377268

Maybe contact/chat to the Sonos Support Staff via this link: https://support.sonos.com/s/contact