Xfinity Remote & Play 5’s

• 26 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

I have a pair of Play 5 speakers that I have connected to our television via line in.   I would like to be able to control the volume with the Xfinity remote.    Has anyone cracked this?    The Xfinity remote code for SONUS does not work.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’m not familiar, but isn’t the Xfinity an infrared ‘remote’? If so the Play:5 speakers will not work, as they do not have an infrared receiver - you would need a Sonos Home Theatre product instead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Check your TV’s settings, you will need to be able to set the TV’s Line-Out to variable. On some sets you have a second output that is variable instead of a setting switch.

A second option if the above aren’t working is to switch and use the headphone output, that is normally a variable output controlled by the TV remote.

Just be aware that any and all Sonos analog line ins are subject to a minimum of a 75 Ms delay. This is why Sonos never sold the PLAY:5 / Five series of speakers as being home theater speakers.