Will Samsung QN850B (from Sam's club) work with Arc?

• 19 December 2022
  • 2 replies

We have multiple existing Sonos products and have just purchased an Arc to use with the new TV we are purchasing.  We want to get a Samsung, as we use Philo as a streaming service and they support it in their Apps, where no other TV maker does.  We are looking at a SAMSUNG 75" Class QN850B-Series Neo QLED 8K Smart TV - QN75QN850BFXZA at Sam’s club.  It is a 2022 model, and it is not a FRAME TV.  I am aware of the issues with older Samsung TVs and Arc, and just want to make sure they have been resolved before I move forward with purchasing this TV.  Thanks in advance for any help with this!

2 replies

It’s hit or miss. Samsung TVs with eARC have been known to have issues. You won’t know for sure until you try it for yourself. But more than likely, that TV model should work just fine with the Arc.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, I really appreciate it!  I did some more research, and this TV model does have a One Connect Box.  Does that change your opinion?

I am going to contact both Sonos and Samsung Support tomorrow to see what I can find out.  There is also a high-end store in our area that specializes in Smart Home and home theater setups, and I may give them a call as well.  My hope is that software updates have addressed all of the former issues.

Does anyone out there have a new Samsung Neo QLED 8K Smart TV (with a One Connect Box) that is working well with the Arc?  Sam’s club model number is in my original post, but may be specific to Sam’s.

Userlevel 7

It’s hit or miss. Samsung TVs with eARC have been known to have issues. You won’t know for sure until you try it for yourself. But more than likely, that TV model should work just fine with the Arc.