Question

what do you think are the best eq settings for the 5.1 setup. playbar,sub and two play 1's.

• 10 November 2016
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
what do you think are the best eq settings for the 5.1 setup. playbar,sub and two play 1's.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
thanks mate what are your settings?
Kevcoops6869,

That's an incredibly complex question. There are a lot of variable involved, such as where the speaker are in the room, what kind of flooring, ceiling and walls there are, where the couch is, and how far it is from the TV set and Playbar, as well as how well your ears work, and what you like to hear. Some people like a lot of bass, and some don't. There's no real answer here other than playing around with the settings yourself, and finding what you like. I can almost guaranty that what I like will be different than what you like, because my speakers are set up differently than yours, and the room is completely different.

It would be wonderful if Sonos could figure out a "Trueplay" way of dealing with the 5.1 setup, which might give you a great baseline (no pun intended) to work from, but I suspect it's more complex than they expected, or that they've got other fish to fry (Echo integration?) right now.

Sorry I can't be more definitive, but at the end of the day, it's you that needs to be satisfied.