Answered

Playbar stopped responding to Samsung IR Remote

• 25 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I have two Samsung Smart TVs each with one PlayBar connected.  For at least the past five years I have been using the Samsung IR remotes that came with each TV to control the volume of the PlayBar connected to that TV.

Yesterday, BOTH PlayBars stopped responding to the volume + button but not the volume - button on each remote.

I have power cycled the TVs, PlayBars, and reconnected the remotes.  The issue remains.  The PlayBar will recognize the volume + button one time to connect but after that it does not respond to the volume + key.

I find it strange that something like this would happen with two different systems at the same time.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 December 2022, 17:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

When you power cycle a SAMSUNG TV keep the TV disconnected from power for at least two minutes.

As a guess, I’d suggest both TV’s received an update from Samsung, which turned off the IR on the remotes. You may need to go through that process again. 

There have not been any changes from Sonos this week.