Answered

No Dolby Or Dolby Atmos With Blu-Ray Player?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I’ve got the Sonos Surround Set. Just bought the Samsung QD-OLED, which has eArc. 

I am now able to get Dolby Atmos and Dolby 5.1 etc through Netflix and Disney Plus, etc. However, when I put in some Blu-Rays where I should be getting Dolby or Dolby Atmos, all I’m getting is Stereo PCM. 

At the moment, my Blu-Ray player (Sony Ultra HD) is connected to the TV via HDMI cable. The Sonos Arc is connected to the TV via another HDMI cable. 

Am I missing something? I’ve looked at the menu on the Blu-Ray player, and I can’t see any settings that might need changed. Does anyone know how to sort this?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 October 2022, 20:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

That worked! Thanks, Guitar Superstar. You live up to your name. 

I’m thinking about calibrating my TV. Would you like to fly up to Scotland and sort all my image settings?! :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Corry, 

Thanks for the help! I tried this, and it did make a change. Instead of Stereo PCM, my Blu-Rays now get Multichannel PCM 5.1. 

The discs I’m trying say they have Dolby Atmos, so I’m not sure what else I’m doing wrong? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ClarkKent77 

I did just find this in the manual too:

And in the Blu-Ray manual:

So, if you change the Digital Output Audio Format to Auto instead of Passthrough (I can only assume it wasn’t on either option before), ensure the Dolby Atmos option is enabled (it most likely already is), and that Auto is selected for Digital Audio Output on your Blu-Ray player, you should get Atmos from your Arc.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202204/20220406095037559/OSNDVBEUB-3.5.0_EM_Oscar_Pontus_Nike_Kant-SU2e_EU_ENG_220315.0.pdf

https://docs.sony.com/release/manual_4698406141.pdf

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

TV is a Samsung QD-OLED. S95B. 

Blu-Ray player is a Sony UBP-X800. 

Blu-Rays I’ve tried include Blade Runner 2049, Superman The Movie 4K, and No Time To Die. All of them say “Dolby Atmos” on the boxes. 

Userlevel 7

@ClarkKent77 Set BD Audio MIX Setting to OFF. And go ahead and set Audio DRC to OFF so there is no compression.

Userlevel 7

That worked! 

Guitar Superstar, I’m thinking about calibrating my TV. Would you like to fly up to Scotland and sort all my image settings?! :) 

LOL. If you pay for my flight, of course! I’ve never been to Scotland.

Badge

Hey. My setup is similar in that my Sony UBP700 won't send Dolby Atmos signal (Dolby Digital 5.1 instead( to my Sonos Arc Via my LG TV (no EArc just Arc port) My Tv sends Atmos to Sonos and My Firestick Max through my Tv also sends Atmos to Sonos So why won't my Sony (Dune Atmos Blu Ray Disc). I have tried your suggestions Guitar Superstar but to no avail. It is confusing in that another external Source works fine but the Sony doesn't seem to want to play ball?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ClarkKent77 

Thanks for your post!

I recommend testing these highlighted options that I found in what I think is a relevant manual from Samsung:

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7

@ClarkKent77 What exact TV and Blu-ray player model do you have? What specific Blu-ray disc titles are you testing?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Userlevel 1
Badge +3