What is the best way to play Pandora?

• 27 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone, after adding pandora to the Music Service, my iPhone get confused and it looks like Pandora app and the Sonos-2 app try to overwrite echoer. I can’t find a straight and consistent way to skip song, change volume, change sound specs form either app.

So, what is the best way to play music and podcast apps: from the original app on the phone, or from within the Services & Voice inside the Sonos App?

Should I delete the pandora on my iPhone and keep it only in the Sonos app, keep it in both in the phone and in the Sonos app, or delete the Pandora inside the Sonos app “Music and content” and just keep it on the iPhone only :?) I hope it make sense THX.

System specs: iPhone 11 latest update, Sonos Amp updated firmware, Sonos App-2. THX again

BTW is overcast app supported by Sonos “services & voice”?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @PoloZ4, welcome back!

I am a little bit confused about the issue that you are facing. You shouldn’t have any problem controlling Sonos and issuing playback with either applications.

my iPhone get confused and it looks like Pandora app and the Sonos-2 app try to overwrite echoer. I can’t find a straight and consistent way to skip song, change volume, change sound specs form either app.

If you can please provide a bit more information in regards to the above statement. How exactly is your iPhone behaving when using the Sonos App? Are you issuing commands via the Sonos App and then switch to the Pandora App for further commands and you are not getting the desired outcome?

There is a very helpful support article from Pandora if you would like to have a look: Pandora on Sonos

BTW is overcast app supported by Sonos “services & voice”?

You can use the Cast option via the Pandora app to target Sonos speakers. With a voice-enabled Sonos speaker you can also use Sonos Voice Control.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Pandora’s “Recently Played” feature has been broken on Sonos for a few weeks (and no-one cares to fix it), but the other features should work fine.