Answered

usb attached to vmg8825 router

• 31 March 2022
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

Hello friend. I just acquired a vmg8825 router and attached my ext hhd with my music files to it. I can see all the files from my Mac and from my iPad, but sonos can not find them.  pathway ought to be 192-168.1.1/ nmt/ usb2_sds2/sonos or any variation of this. no way can I make it work.  Please help!

icon

Best answer by popo 1 April 2022, 15:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

found it ! as I thought it was a pathway problem.  the right pathway is //192.168,1,1/(usb2_sda2)sonos  

Darn. Just talked on the phone with sonos support.  Very friendly lady who new absolutely nothing about setting op the library from ext hdd.  Thought I had to connect my hdd to the computer ? started reading op from the handbook, oh wrong page ?   I wished her a good day 

yes sorry for the mistype //192.168.1.1/ mnt  results in  “no mnt share on this computer”. sonos version 11.3   I can not find the smb version on the vmg8825 router. I know that can be a issue ?   usb harddisk fomated to Macos extended 

pathway ought to be 192-168.1.1/ nmt/ usb2_sds2/sonos or any variation of this. no way can I make it work.  Please help!

Well for a start it would be //192.168.1.1/mnt/usb...  (without any spaces)

Also, version of the Sonos OS in use? SMB version set on the NAS software running on this router?

File sharing permissions? Firewall?