Answered

Transferred system ownership but one unit remains on my account

• 4 August 2021
  • 1 reply

I transferred my Sonos system (5 Connect:Amps, 2 Beams, and 1 Connect) to the person who purchased my home.  It looked like everything worked great on the S1 app, but when I logged in to check my Sonos account today I still see the Connect box that I transferred.  How can I transfer that to the new owner’s account?

I’ve moved 500 miles away and will not be on the WiFi network where that Connect box now resides, so I’m not sure that there’s anything that I can do.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 August 2021, 00:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

That change only occurs at the point that the device is added to a new “owner”, which is why it is recommended that there be a factory reset of the device at the point that you “sell/leave” the devices, so that the new owner/user is forced to create and register all devices to their new account. Unfortunately, the “transfer” of Sonos account doesn’t do the same thing.