SiriusXM Account not Found

• 27 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Just a note for others, my SiriusXM account just stopped playing this week on SONOS, and per the advice here on the community and then from SONOS Support (Case #02556297), I tried removing and re-adding my account credentials as a music service.  Then tried changing my password and waiting 24hrs as instructed by support.  None of this worked; I still could not play SiriusXM over SONOS - just kept getting an “Account not Found” error.  It would play fine on any other device or app, just not SONOS.

Today I tried also changing my SiriusXM Username along with the password, and it worked immediately, I could re-add the account on SONOS.  What seems to be the key here is changing the Username, not just the password, I assume that causes a refresh with the account credentials database.

Very frustrating that SONOS support could not advise me of this apparently critical step when contacted.

I still have no idea why my setup stopped playing SiriusXM after years of continuous use...but this seems to be the steps to getting it back online with SONOS. 

Happy listening.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @muskokaken.

Thanks for reaching out and we highly appreciate you sharing your experience with us here in the community.

I’m glad to hear that the service is now back up and running on your system, this playback problem is commonly due to account discrepancies or account issues that need to addressed by the service itself, possibly that’s why changing your account credentials resolves it. 

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.