Answered

Help to fix Spotify will connect to some speakers but not others

• 20 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I can stream to all of my Sonos speakers except for a stereo paired set of Play 1’s.   

When I use the Spotify to send the steam to the faulty speakers, the app it shows the speakers.  The speaker icon blinks on the spotify app and nothing happens at the speaker.  If I stream to another speaker, I can then join Spotify to the faulty pair and it plays.  Specifically, the problem is that I cannot stream Spotify to the play 1’s alone.

I am thinking my next step is a factory reset of the faulty speakers.

I have a whole house Linksys Velop Mesh network.  All my speakers are wired into that network with a wired MESH backbone.  The problem started in the last few weeks.  The same problem occurs regardless of the Spotify account I use.  I have a Spotify family plan.  I am on the latest Sonos 2 app and firmware.

Thanks for the help.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 January 2023, 23:01

View original

5 replies

Factory resets rarely “fix” anything. Which is why Sonos recommends not doing it, unless instructed by an employee.

Factory resets tend to obscure issues most often, and certainly delete any information from the device that might assist Sonos in tracking down what the issue really is. 

Badge

I haven’t had time to do it yet.  Thought I would clean out the cobwebs with the factory reset.

What did Sonos support say when you called in?

Badge

More testing…

Factory reset the speakers.  I had some trouble reconnecting but after a few tries they are back on the network.  From Spotify I can stream to both. I then joined them as a stereo pair, and I can no longer stream to the Play 1 stereo pair from Spotify.  I can stream from Spotify to other Sonos speakers such as the ARC, Roam, and Move.  I have not tried my play base yet.  I can stream to the Play 1 stereo Pair from the Sonos 2 app.

I must conclude that there is a software bug in the ability to stream to the Play1 stereo pairs from Spotify.

I’d be curious to know what happens if you wire one Sonos device to that root Velop Mesh router, and remove all the wires to the devices that are connected as a mesh extender. That should put everything on SonosNet. 

I’d also be tempted to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.