Answered

Commercials when switching on

• 11 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I strongly object when wanting to listen to a newscast at the top of the hour, to miss the headlines etc. because a long commercial is heard.  I do not accept this. Further the application (at lleast on iPhone) has no parameter to switch this off. I admit I no longer use Sonos or less and less because of this. I would like complete explanations. Regards

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 February 2024, 19:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

This is a community forum. The only explanations you’ll receive here is from other Community members. If you want an official statement from Sonos, you’ll need to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

For the most part, Sonos doesn’t generate their own content, they point to other sources that do. Any advertisements would be coming from those other sources, not Sonos, and are often, in cases like TuneIn, necessary to pay for those sources to exist. Radio stations tend not to aggregate themselves.