Answered

Can see Playlists on MacBook M1 Monterey but not on iPhone app

• 27 November 2022
  • 16 replies

I moved from a different country and computer with my Sonos devices. Therefore I had to move my music folders to a different relative location.

I deleted the old folders from my Music Library in Sonos. Then I added the new folder locations back in Sonos Music Library.

Now I can see and use playlists on my MacBook app, but not on the iPhone.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 November 2022, 03:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Since that data is actually stored on the speakers, and not on the controller, it’s likely that your iPhone and Mac are connecting to two different subnets on your LAN, which may be likely due to use of a mesh network. Try plugging one of your Sonos devices to the root of your network with an Ethernet cable, and see if it resolves. 

@The Girt 

It sounds like you have set up two separate systems.  When you set up your new Beam, you probably chose to “set up new system” when you should have chosen “add to existing system”.

You need to factory reset the new Beam ONLY.  Do not reset any other device.  To factory reset, see here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reset-your-sonos-product

Then in your mobile app Settings, go to System, and tap “Add Product”.  Follow the prompts to add your new Beam. Do not at any point choose to set up a new anything.

It also says it is appropriate, indeed essential, when taking a speaker from one system to anotber. 

The real danger is in resetting all your speakers.  That is why I keep emphasing not to do that.

Please just follow my instructions. 

You have created a situation that is in essence identical to buying a product second hand that has already been part of someone else 's system 

You won't screw it up.

Since that data is actually stored on the speakers, and not on the controller, it’s likely that your iPhone and Mac are connecting to two different subnets on your LAN, which may be likely due to use of a mesh network. Try plugging one of your Sonos devices to the root of your network with an Ethernet cable, and see if it resolves. 

Thanks for the quick reply, I will give it a try!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi John. Me again, sorry to bother you. I have tried to do a factory reset on my Beam. Followed the instructions as shown and held the Pause/play button as I plugged it in. I don't have a join button. The light just flashed white, then flashed a little quicker but never flashed orange or green. I tried to add the product to my existing system as instructed but it didn't find it the product. The beam still works as it did before,  Don't know if you can help? Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi everyone.  Can anybody help me please. I have tried to do a factory reset on my beam 2 as per the instructions to do this. All I get when I press the play/pause button is a flashing white light which then stops. It doesn't flash orange and white or green. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not very techy so any help would be great. Many thanks 😊 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi there.Can anyone help. Love my new Sonos beam 2, but can't see all my products in the app now. I have moved my beam 1 to another room attached to another TV. My new beam is connected to a new LG OLED. In the Sonos app one minute I can see my new beam & next it changes to the old beam1 & my Sonos roam. Last night watching a film it was on the beam 1 settings & then about 30 mins later changed to the new beam. I have unplugged the router & still all the products are not showing at the same time. Would really appreciate some help, but please keep it simple for me. Many thanks 😊 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Ah, that sounds more than feasible. Will give this a try & let you know. Many thanks for very quick reply & have a great Sunday.😊

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi again. I have set up a Sonos beam 2 as a new product when it should have been exsiting product, now I can't see all my devices on the app. Is there a way of correcting this without doing a factory reset?

Many thanks 😊 

No there is no way of doing it without a factory reset of the one device.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thanks John b, only I just read advice from Sonos not to do this as a troublshooting fix

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Great advice John, I will do exactly what you say. The way they are now makes no difference to the sound does it, just affects my Sonos app? Excuse my ignorance this is all new to me. Thanks so much for your continued help.

No effect on sound but you need everything on the same system for ease of control and in order to play the same music across several speakers.

The app is just a remote control and is currently randomly.attaching to one of two systems. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

👍👍👍 thanks John, just nervous of doing it in case I screw it up, not very techy as you can probably tell.